Sofia is a surprisingly modern, very green hipster vibe city with lots of green areas that boasts many attractions and busy nightlife. Visit numerous museums, go to Vitosha mountain, admire Byzantine architecture and landmarks or just enjoy its many parks and gardens.
When visiting Sofia, be sure to:
- See the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral with its Byzantine Revival architecture – one of the largest church buildings in the world;
- Check out the Ivan Vazov National Theatre and relax at the park that surrounds where young people meet;
- See the Ancient Serdica Complex – archaeological complex with remains of Roman Sofia;
• See the National Assembly and the monument of Tsar Liberator Alexander II;
• See National Palace of Culture;
• Stroll along the pedestrian zone of Vitosha Blvd and explore shops, restaurants and boutiques;
• Stroll along the popular Tsar Shishman str. with a lot of little hipster shops, cafes, bars and places to eat;
• Escape to the green areas of the city or in the Sofia zoo;
• Trace Bulgaria’s history at the National Historical Museum;
• Explore the interesting collections at the Earth and Man National Museum, one of the largest mineralogical museums in the world;
• View artifacts and exhibitions at the National Archaeological Museum Sofia area;
Head out to the outskirts of Sofia to visit the Dragalevtsi Monastery in Vitosha mounting;
Relax by Lake Pancharevo and enjoy the stunning view.